Philippa is an experienced family lawyer who has been in practice for over 25 years. She is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in international child abduction and private law children. Her areas of expertise include:
- International parental abduction disputes under the 1980 Hague Convention;
- Parental abduction cases involving non-Hague Convention jurisdictions;
- Recovery of children abducted to overseas jurisdictions;
- Enforcement of foreign orders in relation to children;
- Wardship proceedings;
- Applications for collection orders, location orders and passport orders;
- International relocation;
- Applications for child arrangements orders;
- Applications for prohibited steps orders;
- Applications for specific issue orders.
Philippa is a member of the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit’s list of specialist lawyers.
Philippa has acted in two cases concerning the 1980 Hague Convention to go to the UK Supreme Court, representing the NGO reunite International Child Abduction Centre in the 2013 case of Re KL  UKSC 75. She has also been involved in numerous other reported cases in the last decade.
Philippa is committed to providing an excellent service for her clients. She is noted for her intricate knowledge of a complex area of law, her sensitivity and responsiveness to her clients’ needs, as well as her tenacious approach to litigation.
In 2013, Philippa was voted the Bristol Law Society Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year and in 2018 she won the CILEx Legal Expert Award. In 2019 and 2020 Philippa was shortlisted for the Family Law Award in ‘Family Law Chartered Legal Executive of the year’ category. Philippa is also named as a leading individual in the Legal 500.