National Apprenticeship Week: Top Tips for Apprentices
As part of National Apprenticeship Week, Lyons Davidson’s legal apprentices decided to come up with a few top tips for apprentices of the future based on our own experiences as legal apprentices.
Before the apprenticeship
- Make sure you research the apprenticeship programme;
- Ensure that you choose the right firm for you;
- Research the firm, take pride in your application and prepare prior to your interview;
- Be prepared to complete course work outside of working hours and manage your case load within working hours;
- Achieve best possible grades in college or sixth form.
Start of the apprenticeship
- Ensure that you are well prepared for your first day;
- Take notes throughout your induction training;
- Get to know your team and your department;
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help (we’re all new once!);
- Take everything in your stride.
During the apprenticeship
- Don’t be scared of making mistakes and asking questions;
- Organise your caseload and course work time effectively;
- Ensure that all deadlines are met and don’t be afraid to ask for help;
- Be enthusiastic about tasks;
- Make plenty of notes during any training.
If you, or someone you know, are interested in apprenticeship opportunities, we are keen to hear from you!
We will be advertising our apprenticeship vacancies to start in September 2017 over the next few weeks – please visit Lyons Davidson’s Careers website for further information or to sign up to receive job alerts by email.
Posted on Mar 7th, 2017 by Lyons Davidson