MD Mark Savill on winning Law Firm of the Year
Lyons Davidson was awarded the accolade of ‘Law Firm of the Year’ at the Modern Claims Awards on 28 April, beating off considerable competition in this category from a large number of entries. Being awarded the prestigious award of law firm of the year is a huge achievement for everyone at Lyons Davidson.
Modern Claims Magazine, the leading cross-industry magazine for the claims sector, has been running the awards for two years. To be shortlisted, nominees had to satisfy a wide range of criteria and the judges thought that we showed real strength, which encompassed all areas across our business and how we all work together to deliver a high-quality service to our business partners and our customers.
The criteria that we were measured against were:
- Employee development: initiatives that have been implemented – career development and training (including employee surveys, for example) – to improve the business;
- Diversity: the importance of people’s individual skills and experience, the range of background and qualifications that we have in the company, and our success in developing legal executive and apprenticeship schemes, plus the career development we encourage in the support side of the business;
- Access to services: the emphasis we place on customer satisfaction, the range of services we provide and the innovative way we deliver them, with initiatives such as LV Legal Services and our helplines, Legal Services Contact Team, extranet and online documents;
- Strategic development: the structure and strength of the business relationships we have developed and the range of services we provide;
- Business growth: new business we have won, the range of services that have grown as part of this and the diverse expertise that has developed within our staff to undertake this work.
I am very proud that Lyons Davidson has been recognised by the claims industry for the hard work that our people have put in over the last year, producing results that the panel of insurance and legal experts decided was the best they had seen. It has taken a big effort by everyone to get us where we are today and it is fantastic to be able to tell everyone – our clients, our business partners, and our colleagues – that we are the Law Firm of the Year, 2016.
Posted on May 6th, 2016 by Lyons Davidson