We have recently had a change in structure to our Lyons Davidson Scotland team, and would like to introduce the team members.
Divisional Manager – Motor Recoveries, Uninsured Loss Recovery & Scotland – Legal Services
M: 0787 624 8316
Lynne has worked in the insurance and Legal Industry since 1983 predominantly working in Motor Insurance and Motor Claims. Lynne joined Lyons Davidson in 2004 as the Recoveries Performance Manager based in Manchester. Lynne moved offices in 2007 to take up the challenge of setting up a Recoveries team in our Leeds Office, taking on the role of Divisional Manager for Motor Recoveries in 2012. Our most recent restructure gives Lynne additional responsibility for our Scottish Legal Services team based in Edinburgh and our People and Culture groups and projects across the firm.
Lynne is the office lead for both our Leeds and Edinburgh offices and looks after 8 teams of case handling staff across both sites. Lynne is an advocate of supporting equality in work. Lynne understands how frustrating the work place can be having her own struggles with a hearing disability. Lynne’s preferred pronouns are she /her.
Some facts about Lynne:
- She’s married with 2 daughters in their 20’s
- Hobbies include crafting and teaching people to sew
- She loves to travel and has been to France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, America, and The Maldives
Pre-Litigation Team Manager
T: 0131 563 7609
Rebecca has been employed with Lyons Davidson since April 2014. Rebecca joined Lyons Davidson with no legal experience, she left high school at 16 years old to work at a stockbrokers. Law was never an area she thought she would ever work in before joining Lyons Davidson, however it quickly became something she was extremely keen to learn about and progress in.
Over the 8 years Rebecca has been employed with Lyons Davidson, she has worked her way from trainee paralegal, to senior litigation paralegal, and has now has recently been made the pre-litigation team manager. Rebecca has therefore had experience dealing with a large variety of personal injury claims, from simple whiplash claims to high value complex injury claims. She has also had a case holding of Ordinary and summary cause litigated cases. Rebecca was also the first Scottish legal apprentice and received her qualification back in 2019. She is therefore a registered paralegal with the Law Society of Scotland.
Some facts about Rebecca:
- She has 3 horses, 1 of which she competes in championships around Scotland and England and another she bought during lockdown who is a young ex-racehorse called Bob
- She loves to sing and play guitar
- She’s a qualified scuba diver
Partner – Lyons Davidson Scotland LLP
T: 0131 563 7601
Elaine qualified as a Solicitor in 2006 after obtaining a BA(Hons) in Law; LLB Law and PG diploma in Criminal Justice and her first love of law was Criminal law. After a 2 year traineeship with a firm that carried out general civil litigation Elaine developed a passion for this area.
Over the next 8 years Elaine was involved in conducting court actions throughout the sheriff courts in Scotland as well as the Court of Session (Scotland’s Highest Civil Court). Elaine has acted for pursuers in complex road traffic incidents. Elaine then moved into a more niche role of pursuer clinical negligence for several years before joining the ranks at Lyons Davidson Scotland 2 years ago.
During the last 2 years Elaine has quickly made her mark as being both a dedicated and knowledgeable mentor and coach to our staff so much so that Elaine has quickly progressed to her recent position as Partner for Scotland and takes over as both technical lead and office manager from 1/4/2022.
Some facts about Elaine:
- She has a love for all things with 2 wheels from road cycling to her motorcycle
- She enjoys touring around Scotland on her motorcycle
- She has a white German Shepheard Dog called Lexi (who often makes an appearance during team meetings!)
Civil and Recoveries Group Leader (Principal Associate) Scotland
T: 0131 5637606
Tanya qualified as a Solicitor in 2016 practising civil, commercial, and criminal litigation. She has appeared in most Courts throughout Scotland. She is qualified to provide advice and representation to both private and insurer clients on a wide range of diverse and complex civil and commercial legal matters and in the field of motor prosecution. She has extensive experience of providing legal representation in Courts and Tribunals throughout Scotland; at present on an electronic forum with a view to returning to in-person advocacy soon.
Tanya heads up the Civil and Recoveries Team at Lyons Davidson where she is a Principal Associate reporting to the Divisional Manager for Scotland. She is responsible for providing strategic, technical, and practical guidance within the groups with a view to offering clients a sterling standard of practice in the conduct of insurance litigation and private litigation.
Tanya has a double Masters in law from the University of Edinburgh in Legal Research, Legal theory and the Law of Scotland. She has extensive research interests in private law.
Some facts about Tanya:
- She has 3 children – 2 boys and a girl. 2 have additional support needs so she has a particular focus also on providing where she can pro bono advice on the law in relation to that and is a Charitable Trustee at the Friends of Woodlands School. She has extensive experience in mental health law and guardianships
- Her hobbies include dress making and interior design, reading Scottish and Indian history and travelling and theatre