Accident at work
An injury at work can sometimes be a devastating experience. You will have immediate concerns, such as:
- How will I manage without my usual income?
- How will I access treatment to help me get better?
- How will I cope with everyday responsibilities?
- How long will it be before I recover?
- What happens if I have to stay off work in the long term?
Many people are injured at work every day. Even if your job does not appear to be dangerous, you could still be at risk from hazards that have the potential to cause serious, even disabling, injuries.
Your employer has a duty to assess the risks you face and take suitable steps to prevent any hazards from causing harm to you and your colleagues. If you have been injured because your employer did not adequately assess risks or did not provide for your safety, you may be able to claim compensation for an accident.
We are here to help you with accident at work claims. To ensure that you get the result that you want, we focus on:
- Gathering all the information we need to advise you about the pros and cons of your claim
- Giving clear advice in plain English on your legal position and what result you are likely to achieve
- Advising you right at the start about how to fund your accident at work claim, offering a ‘no win, no fee’ option in many cases
- Explaining the availability of legal expenses insurance to protect you against having to pay legal costs
- Making arrangements for you to have rehabilitation treatment, such as physiotherapy, to help with your recovery
- Getting an interim payment as early as possible to help you with any immediate financial worries
- Assessing how much compensation you are likely to get, including compensation for your pain and suffering and explaining how we made this assessment
- Guiding you through settlement offers and advising you what to make or accept
- Moving your accident at work claim to settlement as quickly as possible, always bearing in mind what you want to get out of it
- Trying to negotiate a settlement without starting court proceedings wherever possible
We have experience of all types of accident at work claims, including:
- Construction sites
- Wherever it is that you work, there is the possibility of being injured. And it is your employer’s duty to make efforts to prevent that happening.
We will give you a free initial consultation. To discuss making a claim for compensation for an accident you suffered while doing your job, please get in touch with us.