Lyons Davidson is looking for new legal apprentices
Considering a professional career in law, but not sure university is for you?
Lyons Davidson currently has a number of fantastic opportunities to join our legal services company as a legal apprentice and develop a professional career within law. We have always been a strong advocate of encouraging different ways into law careers, helping develop the law apprenticeship scheme and winning recognition for our support from Skills for Justice.
This opportunity is a good alternative to going on to higher education; you will achieve a Level 3 CILEx Apprenticeship qualification with the potential for further qualifications in the future.
You will complete a Paralegal Legal Apprenticeship over a two-year period. This is an excellent opportunity for a college or sixth form leaver to achieve a nationally recognised legal qualification in an environment that provides support, training and practical work experience.
As a Legal Apprentice, you will progress to manage your own caseload. Some of your duties could include:
- Investigating facts and assessing value of claims;
- Updating clients by telephone, email and letter;
- Negotiating with the other side and their representatives;
- Using our case management system;
- Ensuring our client service standards are met;
- Giving legal advice on prospects of claims.
Through mentoring, you will develop your confidence in providing effective legal advice to clients on claims and the training you receive on the job and as part of your qualification will help you understand the relevant laws and legal processes.
Previous experience is not necessary, but you will need the following competencies:
- Enthusiasm and motivation to learn and to develop a career in law;
- Willingness to learn;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good team player;
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise;
- Computer literacy.
In addition, you will have the ability to balance the challenges at work with the demands of studying.
For more information about the current legal apprenticeships or to apply please see ‘Current Vacancies’ on our careers website.
Posted on Jun 16th, 2016 by Lyons Davidson